Job Title: Project Worker
Hours: 20 per week (Fixed term contract up to end of Dec 2017)
Salary: £13.50 per hour
Place of work: NBV Enterprise Centre, David Lane, Nottingham NG6 0JU
Project Summary: This project seeks to create opportunities for communities affected and influenced by Brexit to interact through dialogues, exchange visits and resource production. In particular the project will work with BME, white working class and Eastern European communities and aims to challenge the misconceptions and stereotypes they face. The successful candidate will also contribute to the development of training and resources to support anyone witnessing hate crimes/incidents to intervene safely addressing bystander apathy.
- Lead on the engagement of key stakeholders including community organisations supporting marginalised communities
- Organise dialogues between different minority groups e.g. BME, white working class and Eastern European communities
- Assist with the collection of data for the dialogue debriefs to be produced following the dialogues
- Organise exchange visits between different communities e.g. BME, white working class and Eastern European communities to break down barriers and promote community cohesion
- Support the development of factsheets to challenge common negative stereotypes and assumptions regarding minority communities
- Support the organisation and delivery of dialogues with new arrival communities to create a better understanding of services available to them
- Contribute to the action learning, monitoring and evaluation of the project
- Experience of working with diverse minority communities
- Knowledge and understanding of the barriers minority communities face to their integration into new communities
- Understanding of what activities and initiatives support community cohesion in diverse neighbourhoods
- Experience of facilitating discussions and exchanges between different minority communities
- Understanding of how hate crime affects individuals and communities
- Understanding of evaluation and monitoring
To apply send a CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the person specification to email@example.com or by post to Communities Inc, NBV Enterprise Centre, David Lane, Nottingham NG6 OJU.
Deadline for receipt of applications: Midday, Friday 7th July with interviews being held on the 13th July.